Are Your Google Update Plugin Safe?
The plugin will help you to get latest version update for all Google product that installed in your computer to make your stay update. I think you don't need to remove it from Mozilla Firefox plugin list. many users said that the plugin is safe and don't affect to browsing experience & this Extension is perfect to to keep your Google applications up to date and secure. But if you want remove or disable this plugin, its not problem.
- Most of the times, my computer crashes, when I have Firefox open. I found that the crashes happen when "Google Update" is run.
- some people getting error report when they start up Firefox.
- usually users have problems with this Add-ons while starting Firefox will stop seeing the warning message after disabling the plugin.
NOTE: The previously issue was fixed in the latest version.
How To Remove | Uninstall Google Up-date Plug-in completely?
GoogleUpdate.exe will work silently without even asking your permission. You can find Google plugin under processes in Task Manager.
in this article I will show you how to completely remove | uninstall Google Update Plugin step by step. many users said that they were able to remove the plugin but it will appear again if you installed another Google product. there is tow steps must be done:
- first step Disable Google Update Plugin
- second step uninstall GoogleUpdate.exe
- third step Disable Google Updater from Startup Programs.
Here quick instruction to do this:
step 1: How to Disable Google Update from Mozilla Firefox plugin list?
This does not uninstall, but it configures Firefox to not load the plugin on start. Follow steps below to disable Google Updater plugin :
Open the Firefox menu > Select the Add-ons section > select Google Update in plugin list > Press the Disable button in front of Google Update > Reboot your web browser.
step 2: How to Uninstall Google-Update-Plugin completely from windows?
you need to delete the plugin from the Google Update folder under Program Files and the Application Data folder.
- Program Files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\Current Version\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
- C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Update\Current Version\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
This is assuming you have installed Windows on C drive. If you delete these files from the folders, GoogleUpdate will be deleted. If you want to uninstall it from Mozilla plugins, it’s will not cause damage to your browser. But this plugin will came back right after they update their Google Chrome. Probably you must uninstall all Google applications from your computer. Wait for a few minutes this plugin disappear automatically.
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall all Google Product:
* go to Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
* Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
* In the list of installed programs, search for Google Products softwares. Once located, double click the unwanted programs and click the Uninstall button.
step 3: Disable Google Updater from Startup Programs using CCleaner
finally, try to disable Google Up-date Plug-in that start during the system boot. To do this, you just need to install Ccleaner utility is free and can be used to disable startup programs in Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Go to Tools and click the Startup button and search "Google Update" and click the Disable button.
Don't Forget to Share, Like, Subscribe, Thank, Rate this thread & Comment with your Feedback.